Sunday, April 2, 2017

Paleo Turkey Breakfast Casserole

Its Sunday, which as you knows means food prep day for my family.  Its been a wonderful Sunday, after sleeping in, drinking my coffee, spending time with the Lord, yoga, cleaning the house and grocery shopping for the week. I spent the rest of the afternoon in the kitchen food prepping for the week. Energy Bites, check, Paleo Protein Bars, check!!! (see my previous blogs for these recipes). My husband normally makes a breakfast casserole for us for the week.  My husband is gone this weekend with my son for soccer again, so I decided to try my hand at making his Paleo Breakfast Casserole.  I actually have no idea the recipe he uses, but I have watched him do it so much often that I just did it from memory.  I did pretty darn good, if I say so myself. 




The best part of this casserole is that it is loaded with veggies, but taste so amazing! You can also get creative with this and add other veggies such as mushrooms, tomatoes, green onions, ect... Make it your own.

Key Ingredient:
Jennie-O All Natural Turkey Sausage gives a wonderful flavor, but is all natural and has no extra additives.
Key Tool:
Pampered Chef Simple Slicer makes cutting up the veggies super easy and fast.


Paleo Breakfast Casserole

24 Eggs
1 Turkey Sausage (Jennie-O)
1 Red Pepper
1 Onion
1 Zucchini
1/2 cup Spinach
1 Tablespoon crushed Garlic
Salt and Pepper

Sautéed veggies and sausage

Cook the Turkey Sausage and drain when done in large pan.  Slice the Zucchini, Onion and Red Pepper with the Simple Slicer.  I chopped them a bit smaller afterwards.  Add all vegetables and garlic to the cooked Turkey Sausage.  While the veggies and meat blend their flavors together, whisk the eggs (you can salt and pepper to taste) and poor into a 14.5 x 11 x 2 pan.  If it isn't a Pour in the Sausage and veggie mix and mix into till it is evenly spread out.  Cook at 400 for 20 minutes.  Let cool and then cut into squares.  Normally get 12 squares out of it. Store in air tight container. 

So Yummy and healthy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment