Sunday, April 9, 2017

Chipotle Smothered Pork Chops

Today was filled with lots of hard work outside. Gardening one of favorite time of the year.  We planted our garden today, yay!  Since it is only our second year to plant in the spot we have put our garden plot. It is still a learning game to see what works and what doesn't.  We planted the reliable: carrots, lettuce, zucchini and tomatoes.  We tried a few different things this year including: spinach, cabbage, carrots, peppers, strawberrys and onions.  After all the working outside, I did the normal food prep of the week, energy bites and tried a new energy bite too, but not sure they are going to work (will keep you updated)! 

I wanted to try a yummy new meal since everyone was home tonight.  I decided to try a Paleo Chipotle Pork Chops recipe I had found on Pinterest.  It looked yummy!  Well the truth is I did what I always do and made some major changes to the recipe, as I didn't like the sauce's flavor originally. I also didn't have a couple of the ingredients.  All in all though it was a hit!!  My entire family loved it and my son said it is now he is new favorite meal.  I served with Sweet Potato Garlic Chips (I will do a blog about sweet potatoes another time) and veggies for the kids.  It was amazing!  I was very thrilled with the results.  I felt like the original recipe sauce still tasted like coconut and was a bit to sweet for us, but this way made everyone happy.  Also was a quick, only took me about 30 minutes.



Chipotle Smothered Pork Chops

5-6 Boneless Pork Chops
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Lime

Rub:
1 TBS Chili Powder
1 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp Cumin
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1 TBS minced Garlic

Dry Rub


Sauce:
1 can Coconut Milk (full fat)
2 tsp Liquid Smoke
1 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
1/2 tsp Paprika
1/3 cup Cilantro Paste



Heat a large skillet and cover the skillet with olive oil. Mix the rub mixture.  Rub each pork chop with olive oil and then in the rub.  Cook the pork chops turning every 3-4 minutes.  In blender mix the sauce mixture.  Poor the sauce over the pork chops when they are just about done.  Squeeze the lime juice on the top of the chops.  Cook for another couple minutes.  This will allow the sauce to take on the flavor of the rub as well. Serve with veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment