Sunday, April 30, 2017

GF Chicken Soup

It's been a long couple weeks at my house. First my husband and daughter were sick with a sinus thing and now my son and daughter were up sick all night. This after I drove all day in the down pour to Kansas City and back home for a dance competition. On top of it all is I have been fighting a cold for a few days and it kicked in full blast yesterday. Two of my kids and I have napped and rested most the day.

What is the best feel good food when you don't feel good? Chicken soup of course. I decided to make some home made chicken soup. I started the chicken in the broth with seasonings and onion until it was cooked. I then shredded up the chicken and added in the veggies. As I curled up on the couch, while the soup simmered, until we were ready to eat. I also added some gluten free noodles to fill us all up. The soup was a success and tasted good even with a cold.

GF Chicken Soup

4 chicken boneless breast
 64 ounces Chicken Broth
1 teaspoon Cumin
1 teaspoon ground Corilandor
1 teaspoon ground Ginger
1 1/2 teaspoon Oregano
2 Bay Leaves
Salt and pepper to taste
1 onion chopped
6 medium carrots chopped
1 stalk of celery chopped

In a large pot put chicken breast in the chicken broth, with onion and spices. Bring to boil and then simmer until chicken is cooked. Shred chicken and then cut up celery and carrots. Let simmer until ready to eat.

You can add rice, noodles, gluten free noodles or cauliflower if desired. These are the Gluten free noodles I used today.




No comments:

Post a Comment