Monday, April 17, 2017

Paleo Chicken Pizza

I don't really understand all the Easter hype.  I mean I get Jesus giving his life for me and raising again.  I will celebrate that all day long, but Easter Bunny's who bring eggs is weird to me. I just don't get it.  My kids I have never received an Easter basket.  We have done a few egg hunts and some scavenger hunts, but I just don't go all out.  This year my kids got a little candy on the table, but for goodness sake they don't need any more sugar. 



We spent the morning at church and then worked on the farm.  Yes, I know I am officially calling my place a farm.  We should have 3 mini donkeys in a few weeks and chickens.  I am sure I will have lots of fun stories soon!!!  My kids love making home made pizza.  We started this tradition at least once a month about 5 months ago.  It is a full evening of fun with my kids.  The best part is each of us get to create our own pizza.  Each of our personalities come out in the pizza making.  My son's is all cheese and pepperonis. It is perfectly round and each piece of pepperoni is place evenly apart.  I just wish he would clean is room that perfect!  My daughter only loves cheese.  We recently got her to put olives on it and try something new.  Trying new foods is not her favorite thing to do.  She found she loves it.  My youngest can't not have dairy of any kind.  She loves all foods though, especially onions, peppers and spice.  She will put anything on her pizza!

My kids make their homemade crust, but it is not gluten free. Here is the recipe we like.  You don't have to let it rise which is nice.


I found a very yummy and healthy Paleo Crust.  I also try to save money and be frugal with our food to use toppings that we have.  I had 2 left over pieces of Chicken Cordon Bleu that I made the other day.  I cut those up and we put those on top.  Other toppings included pepperonis, peppers, olives, mushrooms, onions and cheese for those that could or wanted it.  I have to admit I used store bought sauce, but I have a recipe I need to try.


This recipe I found on Pinterest.  I really did not make a lot of changes.  I did find that I have to double the batch for me and my husband.  I also only use coconut oil to spray on the pans.
http://healthyrecipesblogs.com/2016/01/28/coconut-flour-pizza-crust/

Coconut Flour Pizza Crust

Coconut Oil Spray for pans

  • 4 large eggs
  • 2 tablespoons water
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • ¼ cup coconut flour
  • 6 tablespoons (1 oz) grated parmesan cheese

  • Preheat oven to 400.  Whisk eggs, water, garlic powder, onion powder and oregano. Stir in coconut flour and then parmesan.  Spread out on oiled pan and bake for about 15 min.  It will be light colored at this point.  Let cool few minutes and then top as you like and cook until finished.  This can be different amount of time depending upon ingredients. 


    I added chicken cordon bleu, mushrooms, onions, peppers, olives and cheese.  Yes I know not Paleo, but is my 20 pass.  Will discuss 80/20 another times.  This is a pictures of my husbands pizza, so yummy!  I heated what was left over for lunch and was just as yummy.  



    No comments:

    Post a Comment