Saturday, May 13, 2017

Garlic Sweet Potatoe Chips and Burgers

After a very long week and a busy day. I did some landscaping, grocery shopping and got the kids to get all their chores done.  That alone may have been the most exhausting part of my day. I had a rough week and haven't been feeling good, so tonight I decided to make something easy and that my family loves. Garlic Sweet Potatoes Chips and Burgers.  This is an easy meal to fix early and through it on when your family is ready to eat.  My husband and I wrap our burgers in a lettuce wrap instead of a bun to make it more Paleo friendly.




Slice your sweet potatoes fries with a slicer on a number 1 or a 2.  Cover your cookie sheet with coconut oil lay out your sweet potatoes.  Spray the sweet potatoes with coconut oil and then sprinkle garlic sea salt on top.  Cook on 350 for about 15-20 minutes.  My daughter likes them almost burnt and my other likes them a little soft.  We love them and sweet potatoes are a good source of  carbs along with an excellent source of vitamin A (in the form of beta-carotene). They are also a very good source of vitamin C, manganese, copper, pantothenic acid and vitamin B6. Additionally, they are a good source of potassium, dietary fiber, niacin, vitamin B1, vitamin B2 and phosphorus.
http://whfoods.org/genpage.php?dbid=64&tname=foodspice


Paleo Burger
2 pounds ground meat
1 egg
1/4 cup Gluten Free Oats
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
1 Tablespoon RedHot
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon pepper

I used one pound of ground turkey burger and one pound of ground chicken. I mix the two together with one egg, 1/4 cup Gluten Free Oats, 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce, 1 Tablespoon RedHot, 2 teaspoons garlic powder, 2 teaspoons onion powder, 1 teaspoon pepper. This made 6 large burgers.  I put them in the fridge until we were ready to cook them.

No comments:

Post a Comment