Friday, March 10, 2017

Tex Mex Soup Paleo Friendly

This has become a weekly favorite for my entire family.  I got this recipe from Eat Drink Paleo (Chicken & Kale Tortilla Soup), but I have changed some of the recipe as it was a bit to spicy for my family.  I cut cost by baking 8 boneless chicken breast two nights ago.  I then save 2 of the chicken breast for this soup. They were kind of big pieces, so you may want 3 pieces if small chicken breast.  The best part of this is that I am feeding my family healthy Paleo meal and they can add any toppings they want to make it their own. My one daughter for example loves cheese.  She believes everything is better with cheese.  This way I can make a Paleo meal for me and my husband, but kids can have choices. I also made a few changes to use ingredients that I already had in my fridge.

Forgot the coconut oil, but it is all stuff we have in our fridges


Tex Mex Soup

1 onion yellow diced
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1/2 large red pepper (if small pepper use all of it)
1 Tablespoon Jalapenos
2 Tablespoons diced garlic
1 teaspoon dried oregano  (this is dried oregano from my garden last summer)
1 teaspoon ground coriander seed
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 Tablespoon butter or ghee (we use ghee)
2 large diced chicken breast
2 cups torn kale leaves
400 grams canned tomatoes
3 cups chicken broth
Zest and juice of one lime

Toppings:
You cut up avocado for Paleo topping, but if that isn't important to you try sour cream or broken up gluten free chips.

Sautéing up the veggies


Heat medium saucepan with coconut oil added the diced onions and peppers still for a minute or so.  Add jalapenos, garlic, oregano, coriander seed, cumin and ghee. Stir for another minute.  Now add chicken, kale, diced tomatoes, chick stock and lime zest and juice.  You can salt if needed, but I don't find it is. Bring everything to boil and then cook on high heat for about 8 minutes. Serve with toppings as desired.  Enjoy!
So Yummy!




No comments:

Post a Comment