Thursday, March 9, 2017

I have recently made the life change to Paleo.  My husband went Paleo about 8 months ago and started Crossfit.  His life is all encompassed by it, but he has lost around 30 pounds.  The best benefit for him though is he brought down his cholesterol and blood pressure.  I pushed back as long as I could, but ever where I went were the benefits of going Paleo.  So I took the jump, but I did not make the ultimate switch to Crossfit.  I am a runner and love to run, but that is for another post.  I have had lots of questions about my switch and how it is working for me.  The benefits are non stop, no more bloating, no more stomach aches, lost 3 pounds in the first 2 weeks and no problems pooping.  Ok, I know, but just being honest.  More energy and not feeling guilty about what I eat. 

I can't recommend it enough, but know that the first couple weeks you will detox which was not fun.  I was exhausted had none stop headaches and thought I was getting sick, but about two weeks in I started to feel fantastic.  This journey of life is not perfect, but is exactly that a journey. Whether you are a runner, a mom, a step mom, trying to eat Paleo, or just living life as God created you, thank you for joining me on the journey.  Make intentional choices to be healthy, so you can continue the journey.

Challenge: find something to switch out in your daily eating.  For me the first was bread, it was the easiest.  I use lettuce for my turkey burgers, for my tuna salad and gluten free crackers or chips if I am just dying.  I miss bread for sandwich's, so hope to find a good recipe for that to share soon.  Pick one thing this week to change it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment